Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The BEST Weekend!

God is good! Sooooo good.
I went on the women's retreat with our church this past weekend, and I had such an awesome experience. We spent two nights at Camp Charis just east of Chilliwack. I roomed with two other Moms who had nursing babies and that was so fun. I met some amazing women. Women of God who displayed such faith and encouragement. The worship was inspiring, the speaking was enlightening, the food was soooo satisfying, and of course all the chatting that happens with women was a total blast. I feel so refreshed.
On Saturday night I opened up to my small group and shared, to be blunt, some crappy parts of my life. Through those women, and their prayers, God gave me such a major breakthrough. Originally I wasn't planning on sharing at all, especially with people I've just met. I'm not that type of person. But suddenly it just all came pouring out, with many tears. Later as I was sharing my experiences with Rob, he told me that while he was at Coquitlam Alliance on Saturday night, he went to the front, and prayed with his sister Wendy that I would be able to open up during the weekend. Talk about giving me goosebumps!
Thank you Wendy for praying for me. Thank you Rob for that, and being a great dad and taking care of Ian all weekend so I could have this time to grow. And most of all thank you God for being so good, and blessing me so much, and teaching me new things, even if they're hard, because through You I am becoming a better wife and mother.

1 Comments:

  • At 15/3/06 18:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Camp Charis is an amazing place That I have had many important moments at too. I've cried there laughed there and learned there. I'm happy to hear it is still affecting many people with its atmosphere.

    Your Cousin Mark

     

Post a Comment

<< Home