Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

OK I saw this on a blog that I read that is linked from Karen's. I was "tagged" by reading it and now am compelled to complete it for myself. I'm not tagging anyone else who reads this, just enjoy.

1. I LOVE kids music, books, toys, and TV. Before I had kids I had no excuse for indulging in such entertainment, so it was weirder then than it is now. I love that I can now buy things that I would have wanted as a child, thereby fulfilling some of my childhood dreams.

2. I am NOT a morning person. In fact I am downright grumpy before I have had sufficient time to wake up. You would think that this makes having children a little difficult for my morning routine. You're right! Rob deals with Ian so much better in the morning than I do. On days that Rob works I pray that Ian will sleep until at least 8, which he usually does. If it's before 7:30 he is ignored, if he makes too much noise to be ignored he is put back to bed and told it is still nighty-night time. When I can't ignore him anymore I stumble into the kitchen and get him a sippy cup of milk and a small bowl of Animal Crackers (gasp!) or a Nutragrain, bring him into my bed, turn on Treehouse TV (on mute) and try to get a few more winks in. Ian has now learned the phrase 'wake up'. "BAKE UP MOMMY!" while he pounds on my head.

3. I have an unnatural fear of needles and needle-like things piercing skin. I've mentioned it before...

4. I like to dance. I have never been dancing. I am not a good dancer. So I shake my stuff in the privacy of my own home with Ian and Jayden, and occassionally Rob if he can be convinced that it isn't "evil".

5. I am a sci-fi geek. I love to read science-fiction and fantasy. And I thoroughly enjoy Star Trek. Please don't think any less of me. I want to go to the moon, for real. And I'd love to meet some extra-terrestrials.

6. I started drinking coffee when I was about 2 or 3 years old. My Oma would make it really really milky and soak her homemade buns in it and cut them up for a nice yummy snack. Everytime I have good cup of coffee I think of her and her super good buns. Maybe that's why I'm shorter than everyone else in my family. And sugar in coffee RUINS it.

I hope you enjoyed this little recital of things that are weird about me, although I don't think they're weird at all, they're just me. But I have been told by others (most likely Rob or my sister) that these things are weird.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/5/06 10:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never told you it was weird to dance! I just told you that you dance weird. So number 2 and 4 are not weird. I am not a morning person either. And I can no longer logically think number 1 is weird because I am an early childhood educator. Needles and science fiction are just your quirks. Don't make me out to be a villain!!! :))

     
  • At 1/5/06 14:04, Blogger Heidi said…

    Sheesh! I said "most likely" you "OR" Rob had told me these were weird. Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I meant to be. My dancing in general is weird, not necessarily my love for it. And it's weird that having kids hasn't cured my lazy mornings, that I still insist on laying in bed as long as I possibly can, and just now include Ian in my lazing ways.
    I didn't MEAN to make you out as a villain. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home