Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rollin' rollin' rollin'....

...my baby did some rollin'!!

Yes, Jayden rolled over for the first time today. Not completely, but from tummy to back. We were beginning to wonder if he had inherited Rob's physical development (he didn't walk 'til he was 17 months old). You see I can't help comparing him to Ian, as that is the only frame of reference I have. Ian rolled one way by the age of 3 months and all the way, back to tummy to back by 3.5 months. Jayden will be 5 months old shortly and so far his physical movement has greatly ressembled that of a slug.

But today while experiencing some tummy time he was fussing and fussing and generally expressing displeasure and being stuck nose to the carpet. I was preparing a nice banana snack for Ian in the kitchen when suddenly I noticed it was silent. I looked around the corner and there was baby Jay-Jay, on his back looking extremely happy. I congratulated him heartily and attempted to have him repeat the performance for our enjoyment but it didn't happen.

So we didn't get to witness the actual rolling event, but evidence shows it did happen.

2 Comments:

  • At 13/4/06 09:48, Blogger Shirley said…

    Yay! Well he has beat Braden! My chubby man does not roll at all! Maybe it has something to do with being the second child? My guy is not motivated to do anything but lay on his back or fuss with his nose in the carpet while on his tummy.

     
  • At 13/4/06 09:48, Blogger Shirley said…

    Actually I should point out that he does sit quite well but no rollin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home