Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am now 28 years old. I don't feel bad about getting older at all. I never have (except for that slight twinge when I turned 15 and I realized that I was half way to 30...ha). Although it is slightly comforting to know that I have two whole years to go before reaching that particular milestone.

Anyways, it was a very nice day. For most of my life I can remember my birthday being sunshiny and spring-like. I was so happy that today was just like that.
We got up early-ish and headed out the door. Our friends Kevin and Shirley (see link to Shirley's World --->) had invited us to go to the Vancouver Aquarium with them and their two little cuties Grace and Braden. The last time I went there was in high-school on a field trip. It was a lot of fun. Grace and Ian didn't seem too too interested in taking in all the sights and displays. They concentrated on running around, chasing each other and any other kid they came across. We then went over to the Fish and Chip place and ate lunch outside at a picnic table while Ian and Grace did more running around. And we had a really good visit!
After lunch we said good-bye to the Bonds. We headed over to the North Shore, did some shopping and then went to my parents house. We had a fabulous salmon dinner with some delicious chocolate cake for dessert. Ian did more running around with the puppy as per usual. Since he only napped for about 45 minutes in the car he started getting sort of cranky so we packed up and headed home after dessert. Surprisingly Ian did not fall asleep on the way home, but did go down pretty quickly. Jayden also is in bed somewhat earlier than usual. Rob and I are also on our way to bed.

It has been a busy tiring day, but I must say one of my more enjoyable birthday's. Even though there was no big party or big gifts, I'm not really into those kind of things anyways. For my birthday I'm going to be booking a massage at Spa Utopia this week. Aahhh, some pampering, my idea of a super good time. I'm really looking forward to it.

I know I wanted to say more but I'm too tired to remember it all, so goodnight...

2 Comments:

  • At 21/3/06 19:55, Blogger karen said…

    Happy Birthday to you!!

    Glad to hear you had a nice day! That's what birthdays are supposed to be.

     
  • At 21/3/06 22:20, Blogger Shirley said…

    IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY! I am soooooo sad we didn't know! I am glad we got to share it with you though!

    Have a GREAT 28th year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home