Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Of posts, pictures, dinner, and friends.

I tried posting some pics of bathtime (because my kids are sooo cute when they're naked), but blogger is having some issues. I've been informed that their engineers have been informed of my problem, and they're working on it. So I'll try again tomorrow. I'm sorry to say that there is still no new batteries in our camera so you may have to wait even longer to see the cocoa picture.

Instead of baths, I'll talk about tonight.

Life is funny. Back in January when I started attending Breakaway on Wednesdays at the church here, I discovered sitting at my table a long ago person. Her name is Jennifer. She and my sister Heather were friends way back in Elementary school in Yarrow. I hadn't seen her for 18 years because she and her family moved away. Lo and behold she lives here in Walnut Grove (she used to live here on our street!!), with her husband and two little boys. It was so much fun to connect with her grown up self. On one hand you feel this connection from childhood, and on the other you discover a new person in adulthood. It's very cool. So tonight we had Jennifer and Josh, and little Isaiah and Jacob over for dinner. Ian has a new friend. He and Isaiah were having so much fun playing, and laughing, and screaming, and falling all over each other, it was a blast to watch. (Not to say there weren't the odd moments of tears from things like not sharing and someone, ie Ian, playing rough, ie shoving.)
I LOVE having company over. I'm quite selfish about it. Not to say I don't enjoy visiting others in their homes, but I really really like having people over to mine. My house gets tidied in preparation and I make a meal. Rob will tell you, and I freely admit, I don't cook often, but if we had people over everyday, I would cook every day. I even made dessert. I tried a new recipe for Mocha Frosted Coffee Cake. Mmmm. I think it was good. The company was good too. Exceptional in fact. We had a lot of fun visiting with them, talking about kids and pregnancy (of course), and hockey. Josh and Rob play in the same church hockey league but on different teams. All in all it was a most enjoyable evening, I hope we get a repeat soon. Always sad when it's time to say goodbye, but two certain toddlers really needed to get to bed.

Speaking of which, I think I really need to get to bed too. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

  • At 17/3/06 14:54, Blogger karen said…

    So strange to hear of worlds colliding! I know both of you couples from different times in my life, and it's so cool to hear about how you know Jennifer from long ago. Talk about small world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home