Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Where oh where??

Does time go? It goes by so fast. I can't believe how loooong it's been since I posted. It goes to show how busy life is as a wife and mother. On one hand I'm glad that it shows that I don't completely neglect my family to indulge this new hobby of mine, but on the other I'm a little sad that I'm not keeping you (all my faithful readers...ha) up to date on our happenings. I will try to up date a little more frequently. I know from my own experience that I so enjoy reading some blogs, that when a day, or week, goes by without a new post, I'm sort of disappointed. For those of you that blog, and don't happen to post every single day, please do not feel bad about that. I totally understand that life gets in the way... a lot sometimes. And yet, after a time without seeing new posts, when one suddenly appears, it's oh so much fun, and gives me a little thrill, and only serves to re-enforce the conditioning of myself to check in on these blogs everyday, if not more often.

So...feeling a thrill??

This blogging...it's funny. I find myself watching our lives, the lives of my family, with different eyes. I look for ways to tell the story of daily events that would make, say, taking a bath, or eating lunch, interesting for others to read about. When I don't post for a few days, I find myself feeling let down, a little disappointed in myself for not finding something that I just couldn't wait to share with the world on my blog. Then I'm reminded that I have three boys to spend time with. And they really are far more important than making sure I post on my blog every day. Believe me, at times life is so full that some days this computer doesn't even get turned on. Yes, it's true! I can hear your gasps of disbelief from here. Some days, we get so wrapped up in ourselves and each other that we don't even make a token effort to connect with friends and family through the technology of email and internet.

But I'm here now and here's an update:
It's MARCH!
My favourite month. Spring is coming, I've seen it, daffodils and cherry blossoms and rain oh my! In fact, my birthday falls on the first day of spring. Rob's birthday comes four days after that (it's a BIG one this year). Ian's was supposed to be this month, but he was in a hurry and came 2 weeks early, oh well, he still gets to turn 25 months this year in March. Jayden will be turning 4 months! Oh the anniversaries that befall us next week. I'm going to make chocolate cake... a lot. Hee hee.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting some more...

1 Comments:

  • At 17/3/06 14:55, Blogger karen said…

    So true about blogging, I'm sort of having a love/not love kind of relationship with it right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home