Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Flowers and Food Ahoy!



The other day Ian was outside with Rob. They had gone for a little bike ride and then stopped at the playground for a bit before coming home. He loves spending time with his daddy, and has always been a real daddy's boy. When they came back inside I was made aware that "Mommy" does occassionally cross his little mind. He presented me with a slightly wilted dandylion. I think I melted a bit. I placed it in a little vase and put it in the center of the kitchen table, and then took a picture of it. How sweet yes? My very first flower gift from my little boy.
This fits right in with his recent learning the phrase "I love you". Quite unintentionally I would always say to Ian "Guess what?" before pronouncing "IIIIIIII....looooooove.....YOU!" So now all I have to do to hear him say "I fwuv you" is ask "guess what?" Although because he is 2, he occassionally answers "NO I fwuv you!"



Last night we introduced Ian to the White Spot Pirate Pak. Oh the excitement of the chocolate coin! We had received some coupons for legendary burgers and pirate paks with some Giants tickets we bought a few weeks ago and decided to use them. Originally we were going to order from the car hop and eat in the parking lot, (because who really wants to take a two year old into a restaurant?) but discovered that the coupons were for dine-in only. So we thought we'd give it a try. There was some screaming, throwing of crayons and fries, spilling of milk, and just one or two odd looks, but since we were ahead of the dinner rush we didn't disturb too many people. Ian's favourite part was the chocolate of course (that's my boy), and he got to bring the "row-row" (you know, from the song) home with him. It is nice when there are still some things around that you enjoyed as kids that you can share with your own children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home