Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Little o' this, bit o' that.

So I was girding up my loins to endure the suffering of a cold and miraculously it never went beyond a scratchy throat and drippy nose. I am astonished. Having witnessed the never-ending tide of snot flowing from Ian's nose and his coughing every night last week, I was quite certain that I was going to be miserable. Hooray for my immune system!

Last night I attended a Chocolate Buffet for women at the church. It was heavenly! I LOVE chocolate, especially all-you-can-eat. It was a lot of fun. The funnest part was leaving both kids at home with Rob for 3 hours. Ian, of course, was an angel and went to bed perfectly, on time, and didn't make a peep. Jayden, on the other hand (tee hee), cried the majority of the time and refused to nap as he was supposed to. I had neglected to take the cell phone along with me so Rob had no way of asking me to come home. I felt so bad for Jayden. I knew he couldn't be hungry, it was most likely just over-tiredness, teething, and plain just wantin' his momma. He's usually a very happy baby. I did feel a little bad for Rob. I think we may start introducing a bottle more frequently so that there is something to offer him if I'm gone. (Although I don't think it would have helped last night.)

Tomorrow we're leaving Ian with my parents overnight and going to see a Giants hockey game with a bunch of people. Looking forward to a fun time.

Oooh. I'm reading the Da Vinci Code. What a fascinating book! I'm only about halfway through it but I think I may have many thoughts to tell about it when I'm done. So I've been wasting a LOT of time reading today. In fact, I stayed in PJ's all day.

4 Comments:

  • At 6/5/06 12:37, Blogger Jen said…

    Chocolate buffet... yum! I went to one last year and was sick for about a day or two afterwards. Apparently I don't understand moderation. ;)

     
  • At 6/5/06 13:12, Blogger Angella said…

    Envious of the chocolate buffet! Thanks for the sweet comment - I had no idea you even read my blog :)
    Small world how you knew the Dykstras back in Yarrow...
    Have a great day!

     
  • At 8/5/06 13:23, Blogger Christy and Dustin said…

    ha ha! I was the same reading that book, I couldn't put it down. Very intriguing. THanks for encouraging me about my blog. Thankfully I've lately recieved nothing but positive feedback!

     
  • At 11/5/06 23:01, Blogger Heidi said…

    Is it too pathetic to admit that I sort of feel as though I joined the popular kids by having all you cool bloggers comment on my blog?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home