Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A reason for this busy season.

This winter has been the worst I've ever experienced in the way of sickness. Since November there has been at least one member of this family with a disease of some sort. Mostly it's been colds, with gallons of snot and much coughing. But we've also had our fair share of puke and diarhea. In fact I've been nauseous and pukey since Saturday night, for the third time this winter, plus I'm at the last stage of a cold. Rob is at the beginning stage of a cold. Ian is almost at the end of a cold (much snot and coughing but no more fever and he's bouncing off the walls again). After two weeks of a cold Jayden has developed "something in his lungs" (direct quote from doctor), is on his third straight day of fever that Tylenol is barely keeping in check, and is now on bright pink antibiotics that will hopefully get him back to his perky self instead of the whiny baby that only wants to be held ALL DAY LONG. As much as I love the cuddles, Jayden is a cuddly baby at the best of times, and right now it's more a sign that things are just not right with his little self.

Ever since Ian was born, January/February seem to be marked by the illnesses we've suffered. But I always forget, or hope that it won't be like that "this year". And really, this year has been the worst yet. I sincerely pray it doesn't get worse than this next year.

Oh yeah! Today is IAN'S 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!!!
He and his daddy went to spend time with Rob's family so Jayden and I can get some rest. The amount of energy Ian has is almost insulting to me, especially since I've been surviving on one piece of toast and a glass of juice a day for the last 5 days and I don't have much energy to speak of. So I will do a proper birthday post for him after Saturday, which is going to be his very first kid's party. Including my two boys, there will be TEN boys here on Saturday (as long as we aren't dead by then), and so far the forecast is for rain which is not so good for the soccer game we have planned. Wish us luck, and good health. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 24/2/07 15:14, Blogger Shirley said…

    Looking forward to the Sat post! I know what you mean about the sickness! This year has been pretty bad for me especially. The kids get their monthly colds and bounce back pretty fast but I on the other hand barely get better intime for the next one! Sucks! I hope everything goes well and that you get back to your usual self soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home