Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Funny Ian makes me laugh.

Last night Ian was having a bit of a fit about going to bed. Pounding on the door, crying, yelling for Mommy and Daddy. After a while I went in to tuck him in again. Of course the crying ceased immediately, and he asked for his soosoo. He likes to throw his soother down between his bed and the wall, knowing that we'll retrieve it for him. Sometimes he uses that distraction to run out of the room. Last night he was peering down behind his bed, "soosoo, soosoo". So I dutifully began feeling along the floor beside the wall for the lost soother. Then suddenly Ian yells "BOO! Soosoo!" and there in his hand is his soother, and he's laughing. He really fooled Mommy that time, hahaha! So I tuck him in, and he quietly goes off to sleep. The little stinker. It totally amazes me to see these signs of his sense of humour.

Today while he was eating lunch, I was busy being distracted on the computer (my first mistake). But Ian was being very good, and very quiet, babbling away to himself so nicely. When a toddler is being oh so good and quiet, you must run, not walk, RUN to where they are to avert the pending catastrophe. When I finally went back into the kitchen a gigantic mess greeted me, with Ian in the middle, huge grin, "Hi Mommy! Oh no, biiig mass!" I couldn't help but laugh, it was too funny. I had made homemade cocoa this morning. "Mmmm nummy nummy cocoa." And I gave Ian a cup of it (well watered with milk). But I gave it to him in a sippy cup with no stopper (second mistake), and even though it was nummy nummy chocolate goodness, I guess it was more fun to play with. The whole wall behind him was splashed with cocoa. The floor was covered in cocoa. He was sitting in a pool of cocoa. His tray was runny with cocoa, the remaining apple slices soggy with cocoa. And Ian himself, from head to toe, was wet and sticky from cocoa. He was having a grand time splashing away. I took a picture but then the batteries died so you'll have to wait to see it. So into the tub he went, and then into bed for a much needed nap. Well, I needed it, so I could clean up the big mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home