Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Friday, March 03, 2006

LOVE...

.....and kisses.
I love all my boys soooo much! (Warning: if you don't enjoy overly-sentimental mush, you should just skip this.) And I really love kissing them.

Rob and I are again rediscovering the art of kissing. Background: Of the past 33 months, I've been pregnant for 18 of them. For those of you that don't know me, when I'm pregnant I puke, a lot, everyday, for the entire nine months. And there were lots of things that made me nauseous, kissing my husband for instance. It was yucky. It was sad. Please feel free to feel sorry for the poor man. But now, kissing is a lot of FUN! That's all I'll say about kissing Rob, I am trying to keep this blog family rated.

Kissing Ian is a lot of fun too. I know that 2 years olds tend to have a lot to say about stuff being imposed on them. Keeping that in mind, I always ask Ian's permission to kiss him. Lucky me, he usually says yes. It goes a little something like this...
"Hey Ian! Can Mommy have a kiss?" Then he approaches me saying "MmmmmmWAH", and presents to me the top of his head to receive my kisses. If we're sitting together I'll occassionally get lucky enough to kiss his nose or cheeks. On the rare occassion my question is responded to by a "NO!", if I start the "Mmmmmm"ing, routine kicks in and I get my kiss anyways. And sometimes he runs away after saying no. And I respect that, it's OK, because I know that next time I'll most likely get that kiss. Of course there are the bonus kisses too. Every little bump and bruise must be kissed to feel better.

And Jayden? Well, he has no choice but to endure the many showers of kisses that fall on him each day. But I don't think he minds them because he smiles, and coos, and never cries while being kissed. We all love kissing Jayden. Daddy and Ian make sure they kiss Jayden a lot too.

Can you feel the love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home