Martin's Four

Heidi's living with three boys!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

HOT day!

Hmmm. I was re-reading my post from yesterday. (Thanks for the nice comments by the way. I agree my kids are SOOOO cute!) Did I give the impression that I'm a with it, put together, on the ball kind of mom? I hope not, but am afraid I may have a little. That's not how I typically am. I rarely do that much housework that many days in a row. I actually rely quite heavily on Rob to help with all of that. (He doesn't feel that's entirely fair. Perhaps he's right, he is the one with a full-time job outside of the home. But isn't raising his children a full-time job inside the home? Does that HAVE to include all the housework too? We're working it out slowly...) Today was much more of a typical day for me.
Jayden did not let me sleep more than two hours in a row last night, and I think I got about 5 hours total sleep. I was a total crank this morning. Besides changing Jayden's diaper a few times and nursing him about every 3-4 hours, all I did today was half-heartedly put a few more things in the dishwasher and turn it on. Then I laid around a lot and complained about the heat. It's been about 30 degrees here for the past couple days. Hot hot hothothot.
Rob, like the trooper he is, did not reproach me, he fed Ian, took him to the grocery store, let him see the sun today, let me have a nap, BBQ'd hamburgers for dinner, and then went off to work a 12 hour midnight shift. He's the reason I'm as good a mom as I am. So now that it's cooled down and there's a nice breeze blowing through the open windows, I will finish cleaning the kitchen before going to bed.

1 Comments:

  • At 17/5/06 17:29, Blogger Jen said…

    So nice that Rob helps out like that!

    It's been so hot here too. A BBQ souds delish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home